Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Yikes


OK, I know it’s his first preseason game, but this doesn’t sound good:

Clippers rookie Al-Farouq Aminu fouled out in 17 minutes, scoring 1 point, turning the ball over 4 times, going 0 for 3 from the field, grabbing 0 rebounds and dishing out 0 assists. His night was spent one of two ways: 1) drawing player control fouls 2) floating around on the perimeter. You've heard of the "deer in the headlights" look? This was more like a "I'm standing underneath the meteor that created the Grand Canyon and both my legs are broken and uh oh it's about to hit me oowwwwwwww" look. Off the top of my head I can't think of another player who had his combination of physical potential and complete mental unpreparedness during the last four seasons. I felt genuine empathy for him. It can only get better.

Hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home